Zain's Interesting Facts

 Hello Friends! My name is Zainulabdeen Al-Oraibi, it's a pretty long name but you can always call me Zain and I also suggest you call me with that name because I kinda like it more. I'm 18 years old, and I was born and raised in Iraq. Then my family decided to move to America in 2014 to have a different lifestyle. We came to America when I was 11 years old in 6th grade. I didn't use to speak English very well when I was in 6th grade. So I went to my first ever American school called John Jacob. On my first day in John Jacob, I was astonished. The school was completely different from my old school in Iraq. As I enter my classroom, I was all confused and didn't know anyone in there. I was barely trying to comprehend what are we trying to do and what's going to happen. There wasn't an Arabian student, I was the only one. However, it ended up not a big deal. I made so many friends in my classroom, they were pretty nice, and helped so much to make it the last year of my elementary school year the best year. Then I continued on to Middle School and High School, and now here I am. I can now speak English fluently.  



My favorite hobbies are playing basketball, hang out with my friends, play video games, listen to music, and watch anime. Basketball is my favorite sport of all time. I always love to play basketball whenever my friends are down to play with me. I don't really watch basketball though. I kinda see it weird about myself, loving basketball but not watching it. I also love to play video games with my friends, but I mostly play alone, just to make myself calm and relaxed. Listening to music is my habit. I listen to music 24/7 non-stop, it's another way for me to relax. I love hanging out with my friends. I'm a person that loves to hang out. It doesn't really have to be a specific place to hang out. As long as I'm with my friends I'm always down to hang out, even if we are just outside our house's door. I used to have cats in Iraq back when I was 8 years old. There was this one cat that came to our backyard but it didn't look pretty friendly. In fact, I was really scared when I get close to the cat because every step I get close to it, it starts hissing. But then the cat started to birth babies. Her babies were the cutest thing in the world. My sister and I used to play with the babies, run around with them and feed them. One day though, one of the cats was missing. We searched everywhere in the backyard. Suddenly, my dad found the cat on the street all ran over by a car. Me and my sister started crying for days. The rest of the cats were gone also. We didn't know where they went, and we never found them. I thought they probably found a better place to live. But I was happy that could meet them and play with them. My goal in GCC is to not fall behind and get good grades in all of my classes and be a transfer student to ASU. My major study is computer engineering. I love computers and technologies so I feel computer engineering is the best path for me that I could think of.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Entry #4: Ways of Transportations